Summer's favourite, the veggie burger! This is a super easy fun recipe to enjoy anytime! Vegan of course.
1 pack of love soy mince (frozen)
1 red onion chopped
2 cloves of garlic
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1 slice of wholemeal bread
2 x egg replacement (no egg powder)
50g of plain flour
1 pack of Tofutti mozzarella style slices
A pack of salad leaves
8 wholemeal baps
Tomato chutney/burger relish
Salt & pepper to season
A frying pan
1 large baking tray
1. Chop your onion and fry in your pan with the garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
2. Add the love soy mince and fry for 5 minutes.
3. Mix in the chopped tomatoes & egg replacement to the pan.
4. Rip up the slice of bread and add into the mixture too.
5. Once your mixture has started sticking together take the pan off the heat and leave to cool.
6. Turn your oven to 200oc.
6. Now the mixture is cool you can start making pattys which your hands coated in flour, make each patty about the size of a normal burger. You should make 8.
7. Next you're going to fry off the burgers for around 2 minutes on each side and place them on the baking tray after.
8. Its time for the burgers to cook so place then in the oven for about 25 minutes, check them after 15, you may want to turn the oven down to 180oc.
9. You could toast your burger baps if you like and then put a heaped teaspoon of your desired burger relish/chutney & a handful of salad leaves,
10. Place your burger on the leaves and a slice of the Tofutti mozzarella.
12. Put another teaspoon of the relish/chutney with a dash of salt and pepper.
13. Finish by putting the bap lid on top.
You could always add a slice of avocado or gherkin for extra flavour!
If you want to BBQ your burgers, cook for around 8 minutes on each side.