Everyone loves a pasty & I've made an easy delicious recipe for these July showers.
Vegan as always too!
One pack of just roll puff pastry (or you can make it yourself)
2 tins of chopped tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic
50g frozen peas
1 tablespoon of tomato puree
1 small chilli
20ml soya milk
salt & pepper to season
A handful of flour
1 rolling pin
A large pan/wok
1 oven tray
1. Cut your potatoes into rough cubes of about 1cm (you can leave skin on) and put into the oven at 200oc for 20 minutes to bake with a little oil, salt & pepper.
2. Dice your onion and garlic, fry for 3 minutes over medium/high heat with a splash of vegetable oil.
3. Chop your chilli finely and add to the pan.
4. Add the tomato puree & stir for 30 seconds then add in the chopped tomatoes and season.
5. After 5 minutes of simmering add the peas and turn the heat down low.
6. Once the potatoes have cooked add to the pan and turn off the heat.
7. Roll your pastry out so it's about 5mm thick, use a little flour so the pastry doesn't stick to the rolling pin.
8. Use a mug as a template and cut around it making around 10 circles of pastry.
9. Roll each circle out so it becomes bigger but thinner (half thickness)
10. Add a table spoon (approx) to one side of each piece of pastry and fold the other side over, seal the edges and crimp them by either pinching or turning them up.
11. Brush each pasty with soya milk & put on a baking tray to bake for 20-25 minutes.
12. Once cooked they will be golden brown and you can eat the pasties hot or cold.
Tip: Add any left over vegetable in the fridge to the filling mixture for more colours and flavours
Perfect for a picnic <3