Thursday 19 July 2012

Ardingly IACF International Antique & Collectors Fair

On Wednesday I spent the delightful day at Ardingly Antique's & Collector's Fair.
This was my first time to the event and I was very excited to what I might find here.
I went with Jackie, my boyfriends mum who has been to Ardingly fair a few times before.
After entering the huge sight (£5 entry Wednesday) 60 minutes away from my home town Tunbridge Wells you can just see you need hours to explore this sight full of fine antiques, homeware, garden furniture, clothing, jewellery, ceramics, signs, vintage toys and even a bar.
With a massive range of up to 1700 stalls with items aged anywhere between 1-100 years old, refurbished and not there is something (or lots of things) for everyone.

Vintage signs

For the outside

Benches & tables

Fabrics, buttons, badges, needles etc

A barn full of fine antiques

Garden furniture

A house for a bird

Beautiful old chair
  


Trunk, tin & sign brought by Jackie


Buys

The buy of the day seemed to be trunks, everyone had one!

I ended up with a beautiful hand sewn bolster (£15)
& a selection of buttons, sequins and badges (£5 in total)

Old magazine cut out & posters brought by Jackie


The bolster


A section of pieces I purchased

Ardingly Antiques & Collectors Fair is held 4 times a year, the next  is Tuesday 4th & Wednesday 5th September 2012.
This unique fair is one to check out, for goodies with prices that are just a percentage of the usual retail ones. 
My photographs haven't even touched on the sites size & greatness simply as I was blown away by just looking at everything the hours flew by.


Get antiquing! x

****

Visit the website:

No comments:

Post a Comment